Here are some examples of the how we are promoting equality in the workplace.
Excellence in Diversity - Diverse Company Award for Public Sector award winner
During 2016, we have been nominated for the 'Excellence in Diversity' Award in the category of 'Diverse Company Award for Public'. The Excellence in Diversity Awards is an exclusive awards ceremony that honours the remarkable work of inclusive employers and unsung diversity champions across the UK. In May we were the overall winners within our category,
We are working really hard to support our staff by:
- Understanding how staff feel about working for us through annual staff surveys
- Having a team of Equality Champions who act as role models, and help to make sure that diversity in its broadest sense is recognised, understood and considered as an important part of our day to day working life.
- Signing up to the Mindful Employer charter which is about supporting people with a mental health condition to find and or remain in employment. and improving the working lives of our staff. See the link opposite for more details.
- Promoting Positive about Disabled People – 'The Two Ticks Symbol' Awarded by Jobcentre Plus. We have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. For more information, contact our HR Team or see our the link opposite.
- Supporting 'Stonewall' because we want to ensure that we have an inclusive, equal and inspiring environments for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) members of staff, and by doing this we want to create a real change for the better for LGBT colleagues.