Our volunteers play a valuable part in our organisation and in the lives of our service users. They are a diverse group of people who improve the day to day experience of those who use our services.
What we look for
We are looking for people aged over 17 from our local communities who want to make a difference to the lives of others. Everyone can bring something valuable to volunteering. The key qualities we are looking for are:
- A non-judgemental attitude and good listening skills
- Reliability and motivation
- Enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- Good communication skills
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Volunteering is not work experience or shadowing, and the roles we offer are non-clinical.
How to apply
- Look at our current opportunities page, and see if there is a role that interests and suits you.
- Contact the volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request to the address at the top of the page.
- We will then send you a volunteer application form to complete, where you will provide your two references. This also your chance to let us know a bit more about yourself and what you could bring to the role.
- After we have received two successful references, we will arrange a meeting between someone from voluntary services, your potential volunteer supervisor, and yourself. At this meeting you will need to provide suitable ID documents in order to produce your DBS (the cost of which is covered by AWP). Please note that this process can often take 2-3 months.
- Following a successful interview and appropriate DBS clearance we will ask you to complete an online occupational health check to confirm that this role will not have a negative effect on your wellbeing.
- Finally you will be invited to a local induction, where you will receive training appropriate for your role, basic health and safety, and issued a volunteer ID badge.
- You will now join our fantastic community of volunteers within AWP!
To find out more about volunteering at AWP please get in touch via the contact details on the right hand side.
Unfortunately due to a high volume of requests for voluntary roles and limited opportunities we are unable to provide any new roles at this point in time. Watch this space for updates and any new volunteer roles.