CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – July 2021:
Diagnostic clinic – The majority of our assessments are now being carried out online. We are offering a limited number of face-to-face appointments in line with the latest Covid-19 guidance. The waiting times for face-to-face appointments are likely to be longer than for online assessments.
Training – The majority of our training is currently being offered online. Please contact us using the email or phone number to the right if you have any queries about training.
BASS Advice services –
Staff across all areas (Bristol, South Gloucestershire, BANES and North Somerset) are working to provide advice and support to autistic adults via phone, email or video call. We are not currently offering face-to-face appointments. If you need support or advice please contact us using the email or phone number to the right.
We recognise that this is a difficult time for many of the people we support. In order to help we have produced some useful resources which can be found here.
Groups – We are running a number of groups via video call, including mindfulness, problem solving. If you would like information about these, please contact us using the email or phone number to the right.
Support for staff working with autistic adults – Staff in BASS are available for telephone or email consultation regarding any member of staff working with an autistic adult, whether in inpatient services or in the community. Please contact BASS to request this support.
If you have any questions about the above, or would like to speak to a member of the BASS team regarding our services please contact us using the email or phone number to the right.
Who we are
BASS Autism Services for Adults provide a service to adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and professionals and carers who support them.
There are allocated services for four geographical areas: Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset (BANES), North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
The service has been running in Bristol since 2009, in 2013 the two spoke services in BANES and North Somerset started and in 2014 the service started in South Gloucestershire.
What we do
- Assess and diagnose people who are referred to us by their GP.
- Support colleagues in mental health services to work with individuals with ASD
- Advice service with groups on mindfulness, stress management, social cognition and interaction, as well as an opportunity to book one to one sessions with our staff.
- Social prescribing to help individuals with ASD to link with the community and access social opportunities.
- Social support assessments for people accessing our post diagnostic services.
- Post-diagnostic support - psycho-education, employment and benefits support, problem solving and signposting.
- Training in Autism awareness ranging from one hour to full day training sessions.
We do not hold a caseload or care coordinate. We currently accept referrals for people within Bristol, North Somerset, BANES and South Gloucestershire. Referrals outside of these areas can be seen on a cost per case basis, subject to funding being agreed by the referring clinical commissioning group.