About the service
Active Life provides physical activity, exercise and sport for people with serious and enduring mental illness, to improve and maintain physical and mental wellbeing.
Physical activity can have a positive impact on all aspects of physical health, including:
- Increased energy
- Weight management
- Better sleep
- Reduce the risk and/or symptoms of diabetes and of coronary heart disease.
Through physical activity it is possible to facilitate healthy lifestyles resulting in improved physical and mental health and quality of life.
Some of the activity sessions include:
- Gym based exercise
- Leagues and tournaments
- Healthy eating workshops
- Training courses, and much more!
All the sessions are run by appropriately qualified coaches who have undergone mental health awareness training.
Contact details for your local Active Life team are as follows...
- Bath and North East Somerset - 07899967520
- Bristol (BALP) - 0117 919 5769
- North Somerset - 01934 836456
- Swindon - 01793 836856 or 01793 836858