Who we are
BASS Autism Services for Adults provide a service to adults with autism spectrum conditions (ASCs) and professionals and carers who support them.
There are allocated services for four geographical areas: BASS@Bristol, BASS@Bath and North East Somerset (BANES), BASS@North Somerset and BASS@South Gloucestershire.
The service has been running in Bristol since 2009, in 2013 the two spoke services in BANES and North Somerset started and in 2014 the service started in South Gloucestershire.
What we do
- Assess and diagnose people who are referred to us by their GP.
- Support colleagues in mental health services to assess and diagnose.
- Social support assessments to people who have been diagnosed by our team.
- Advice service with groups on mindfulness, managing anxiety, social cognition and interaction, as well as an opportunity to book one to one sessions with our staff.
- Post-diagnostic support - psycho-education, coping strategies and signposting.
- Training in Asperger syndrome and ASCs ranging from one hour awareness sessions to a full day's training.
We do not hold a caseload or care coordinate. We currently accept referrals for people within Bristol, North Somerset, BANES and South Gloucestershire. Referrals outside of these areas can be seen on a cost per case basis, subject to funding being agreed by the referring clinical commissioning group.