Aims of the group
- To give you a full and accurate understanding of autism
- To support you to identify how having an autism spectrum condition affects you
- To help you to think about disclosing your diagnosis of autism to others
- To hear about the experiences of other people with autism spectrum conditions
Session 1: What are autism spectrum conditions?
- Introduction to the group and group rules
- Presentation and discussion about what autism spectrum conditions are
Session 2: What are autism spectrum conditions (continued)?
- Continued presentation and discussion about what autism spectrum conditions are
Session 3: How your condition affects you
- Personal accounts of people with autism spectrum conditions
- Discussion of your strengths and difficulties in relation to autism spectrum conditions
Session 4: The experience of receiving a diagnosis of an autism spectrum condition
- Your reactions to receiving the diagnosis
- How having an autism spectrum condition has had an impact on your life
Session 5: Disclosing the diagnosis
- Thinking about how to disclose your diagnosis to other people
- Advantages and disadvantages of disclosing the diagnosis
Session 6: What happens next?
- Support networks and other services - where you may be able to get further support
- Summary of all six sessions
How do I book?
If you have received a diagnosis through the BASS services, you will automatically be put on the waiting list for this group, unless you request otherwise. It is also available to anyone who has a diagnosis of an ASC in these areas. Please contact Gemma Allen using the contact details to the right to be put on the waiting list.