BASS Autism Services for Adults offer support and consultation to staff who are working with people with an ASC and training in ASCs ranging from one hour awareness sessions to a full day's training.
Training: We offer a range of training tailored to individual and service needs.
Example programme for a full day autism awareness training:
Aims and objectives:
- To increase participant's practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of ASC
- To increase participant's knowledge and understanding of the sensory differences experienced by people with ASC
- Explore practical strategies to use when supporting people with ASC
Content will include:
- Triad of Impairments
- Theory of mind, central coherence theory & executive functioning in relation to ASC
- Sensory Perceptual Differences
- Case study
BASS also offers 1-2 hour autism spectrum condition awareness raising training sessions.
How to book training:
If you or your service are interested in attending a workshop or receiving a 1-2 hour awareness raising session, please contact us using the details to the right.
In addition to training, BASS also offer one-to-one and group consultation to frontline staff working with adults with autism. Referrals should be made to Gemma Allen using the contact details above.