CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – July 2021:
Training - The majority of our training is currently being offered online. Please contact us using the email or phone number to the right if you have any queries about training.
BASS Autism Services for Adults offer support and consultation to staff who are working with people with autistic adults and training in autism ranging from one hour awareness sessions to a full day's training.
Training: We offer a range of training tailored to individual and service needs.
Example programme for a full day autism awareness training:
Aims and objectives:
- To increase participant's practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of autism
- To increase participant's knowledge and understanding of the sensory differences experienced by people with autism
- Explore practical strategies to use when supporting people with autism
Content will include:
- Triad of Impairments
- Theory of mind, central coherence theory & executive functioning in relation to autism
- Sensory Perceptual Differences
- Case study
BASS also offers 1-2 hour autism awareness raising training sessions.
How to book training:
If you or your service are interested in attending a workshop or receiving a 1-2 hour awareness raising session, please contact us using the details to the right.
In addition to training, BASS also offer one-to-one and group consultation to frontline staff working with adults with autism. Referrals should be made to BASS using the contact details above.