Who are we?
The Wiltshire Autism Diagnostic Services is a small multidisciplinary team providing an autism spectrum condition (ASC) assessment service to adults with a Wiltshire GP. We are able to offer a limited amount of post diagnostic support which is mainly to help people with an ASC to learn about the condition and to access a range of appropriate mainstream services.
The team currently consists of an Occupational Therapist/team manager, registered nurses and administrative staff.
What do we do?
The team offers:
- Direct diagnostic assessments for individuals referred by their GP
- Direct diagnostic assessments for individuals referred through secondary care mental health services
- Post-diagnostic support - psycho-education, coping strategies & signposting.
- Encouraging parents/carers/partners and other family members to be involved in the assessment process where appropriate and agreed
- Jointly assessing for an autism diagnosis with mental health and learning disability clinical staff.
We do not hold a caseload or care coordinate, and are currently only able to accept referrals for people registered with a Wiltshire GP.