At CAMHS, we offer support and treatment to children and young people with specific eating disorders. If you have concerns about any eating issues regarding yourself, your child or young person, we would always advise speaking to your family doctor (GP). Your GP will ask you about your eating patterns, your history of weight change and will also ask to check your physical health. They may suggest you have a referral to CAMHS. 
Early support and treatment are recommended for people with eating disorders. This is why you need to speak to your GP if you, or people around you, have concerns about your eating.

The following sections can give you some advice on eating problems and may help if you choose to seek advice from your GP.