As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. If you are looking for contact information for a specific service, please visit our service pages here.
Below you will find contact details for:
- British Sign Language (BSL) Space - including an introduction video about the service.
- Freedom of Information – to help you access to a wide range of information held by public authorities.
- Help in an emergency – what to do when there is immediate risk of harm to you or someone you care for. You will also find contact information for non-urgent help.
- General enquiries – contact AWP’s switchboard, the Trust’s headquarters, or make a secure payment online via Worldpay.
- Media enquiries – contact the Communications Team.
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) – a free, impartial and confidential service for people using AWP’s mental health services.
British Sign Language (BSL) Space
British Sign Language information
Freedom of Information
Help in an emergency
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a free, confidential and impartial service for people using AWP’s mental health services.