Getting involved means playing an active role in the work we do. AWP values diversity and welcomes people who identify with different protected groups getting involved. Your experiences help us to ensure that our services are fair, inclusive and meet your needs.
We need to listen to people who have used our services or who have cared for people using our services, so that we can listen to feedback, understand what works well and make plans for improvements.
If you would like to be involved, your valued help can make a big difference to our understanding of different groups’ needs, which means we can improve our services more effectively.
- making a difference by being actively involved.
- having your views listened to and acted upon in service planning, delivery and evaluation.
- working together with different members of staff.
- using your experience as a service user, carer, friend of relative to improve mental health services.
- having an opportunity to use your personal skills and experience.
We welcome involvement from service users and carers, and anyone who has previously used our services.
We value everyone’s experience and will treat you as an individual whatever your background, abilities or needs.
Some roles, such as peer mentoring, may need DBS checks.
There are many ways you can become involved in the activities of AWP. Involvement can include:
- reviewing services and providing feedback.
- recruiting new staff, staff training and inductions.
- chairing and taking part in groups or meetings.
- coming to AWP conferences, events or supporting fundraising activities.
- projects and tasks, such as reviewing literature and helping organise events.
- helping to plan, develop and design better policies and services for the future.
- mental health awareness talks.
- mentoring and supporting other service users (peer mentoring).
Getting involved in the work we do will give you the chance to make a real difference. Your involvement will also help you:
- meet new people.
- connect with your local communities.
- develop new skills.
- raise your self-esteem and confidence.
- enhance your CV.
As we value your time and commitment, we will always pay you back for any out-of-pocket expenses you have had to make in your involvement with AWP. For some types of involvement, we can also pay for your time and will let you know about this before you get involved.
If you would like to get involved in the work we do at AWP, please contact your local Involvement Coordinator below to discuss ways in which you can become involved.
Bath and North-East Somerset (BaNES)
Phone: 07887 756110
Phone: 07827 825950
Phone: 07780 608986
Phone: 07719 4410362
Phone: 07788 415435
Phone: 07703 382159
Phone: 07738 299077
Phone: 07833 046963
Research and Development