Why we need people like you in the AWP Bank
We need people in our bank to provide short-term cover. The reasons for this include:
- staff sickness.
- someone leaving a permanent job and without an immediate replacement.
- other reasons for absence, like maternity leave.
- needing more staff than usual for a particular shift.
Joining the AWP Bank is a way of working with us without committing to regular working hours so you can fit your work around your family life or other commitments. What we can offer you includes:
- opportunities to work only certain hours and in certain locations that suit your personal commitments.
- the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of settings, a particular service, or at one site.
- weekly pay.
- AWP Bank induction and local induction, including 'shadowing' shifts, which involves observing someone doing the job we need you to do before you start, or refresher training.
- support from our dedicated Clinical Bank Team, including regular supervision and an annual appraisal.
- access to our staff Wellbeing Hub.
We take pride in our staff and the work they do for our service users. As a bank worker, you will receive some of the same benefits that we offer permanent members of staff.
Using the employee online app, you will be able to view available shifts that match your band and skills and book directly. Alternatively, you can contact the Bank Team office to book into shifts.
You will be issued with a Bank Worker Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions for AWP Bank Staff.
AWP runs services across a large region of South West England in these areas:
- Bath and North-East Somerset (BaNES)
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
We offer roles for a wide range of clinical and non-clinical work and specialties. To find out if you have the qualifications and skills to work for our bank, please contact us using the details in the next section of this page.
You can also see what AWP services might suit your own qualifications and experience using our service search tool to find out more.